Stacia Hess - Friday Interview - aspiring author and avid reader...

I'm Anastacia Hess or otherwise known as AuroreRose. My friends call me Stacia. I am not a published author yet, well not for my stories. I am a published poet. I wrote my first M/M contemporary story during NaNo last November. I'm putting finishing touches on it now so hopefully I'll be able to get it published soon. In the meantime Rj is allowing me to do a blog on her page. Maybe y'all will get to know me better. I was given some questions that are usually for known authors but since I'm not published yet, I will be answering some of these questions as an avid reader.

  • What inspires you? The books I read
  • Where do you get your ideas for sex scenes? LOL I am terrible at sex scenes (one thing I have to polish up)
  • How do you manage to come up with such detailed backgrounds, not just the characters, but the worlds too? My story is somewhat autobiographical with some fiction. It's about a male me with most of the stories in the book true and some not.
  • What made you decide to start writing? I have a facebook friend from Vienna. We were talking about writing one day, that night I had a dream of my first words of the book.
  • How do you keep your stories "organized"? I have a notebook with sections to keep everything organized.
  • Favourite position in your books you've always wanted to try? The swing!
  • Is there a solution to global warming? My mind is on sexual positions, I can't talk about global warming.
  • Do you take a notepad with you wherever you go? No but I do send myself a lot of text messages.
  • What do YOU like to read? How do you find satisfying reading stuff, when you have whole worlds in your head? Do you read completely different genres, or do you read m/m? And can you even do that without thinking at some point that you could do better? wow! That's a lot of questions in one. I like to read M/M love stories, mysteries(Agatha Christie, Elizabeth Peters), the classics. Not much into horror but I'll read it for a friend. When I'm reading something written by someone else, my voices actually shut up and read with me. They get cranky if I turn the page too quickly. There are only been a few I have read that I thought I could do better, they were really bad. I haven't read anything except 3 times outside of the M/M world in 3 years.
  • How do you keep everything straight? Especially when you have characters from different books fighting for attention. Even though I have only written one book, I do have voices in my head telling me to put what they say on paper. I tell them to stop being rude and to shut up and wait their turn.
  • What are some of your plans for future books, plot lines etc. There is a character within a character in my book that if all goes well with this one, I might embark on a detective series with him.
  • Who are some of your favorite authors, and what are your favourite plot lines? Not sure I want to single any of my friends out...lol In general Edgar Allan Poe, Agatha Christie, Elizabeth Peters and Jane Austen. In the M/M world, Rj Scott, Amber Kell, Tj Klune, Eric Arvin, C.C. Cardeno, Abigail Roux, Mary Calmes, Christopher Koehler, Amy Lane, D.W. Marchwell and Andrew Grey to name only a few. The list is very long.
  • Character development is important to me when I read. I am always curious whether characters are based on people the author knows and research, or if they are based are pure fiction. The main character is based on me. The rest are people around me, not necessarily anyone I know.
  • Do you ever compare yourself to other authors and feel like you're lacking and if so how do you overcome that feeling of being not good enough? yes and I don't overcome it..lol
  • How do you feel when it comes time to end the story? If I'm writing it? relieved. If I'm reading it, it depends on the book. If the characters are really good or are from a trilogy, I don't want them to go. I miss them when they are gone and I get sad. Some happy endings are good and that's enough for me but some I want to continue to know. like a friend.

No comments