Reviews Roundup - March & April 2014

A Reason to Stay

Love Bytes - 4.5/5 - "....So what we have here is an awesome story, quite possible my favorite RJ Scott book. Some of my issues with her other books were totally missing in this one. Her military bits felt right to me, she had her sailor correct someone who called him a soldier (pet peeve of mine), and there were no British words or phrases used in a book set in the US. The writing was excellent. I’ve been reading RJ’s books for several years now, I’ve liked most of them, loved some of them, and had issues with a couple here and there… But with this one I can see how she has grown as a writer. I loved it! It may just be me, but I think this may be her best book yet!..."

Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words - 4.5/5 - "....What I loved about this book?  The sheer physicality of these men and the sometimes abrasive aspect of their relationship.  It’s hard to call this a typical romance because its not.  Nor should it be.  There is plenty of action, fights, nefarious goings on to along with  the arrogance, stubbornness, and a determination that is almost cellular from Viktor as well as Aiden.  Sometimes the testosterone is only tempered by the sweetness of the scenes between Viktor and his sister, or Aiden and his friend Sam.

....In the meantime, pick this up and get acquainted with some wonderful characters sure to pop up in the next story in the series.  Consider this another highly recommended story from this wonderful author...."


Prism Book Alliance - 4.25/5 - "....RJ Scott has fast become one of my favourite authors recently. If you haven’t read the Sanctuary series I would highly recommend them. This book is the start of a new series but you will see mention of the Sanctuary in there so it ties them up nicely.

RJ likes to give us strong Alpha men a little bit of vulnerability who work tough and deadly jobs and this book is no different. You also get mystery, suspense and thrills and more often than not the odd dead body!..."

The Blogger Girls - "....This starts out at a pretty good pace, but once things happened to bring Viktor back, it slowed down for me through the middle when nothing really seemed to be happening. It eventually picks back up when the guys take action and head up the mountain to get to the bottom of the mystery surrounding Viktor’s injured nephew. There were some pretty unbelievable moments, but also some really hot steamy ones. I was a little disappointed in how quickly Aiden and Viktor resolved things, but loved the action at the end.

I also really liked Viktor’s team members and found I really wanted to go read the Sanctuary series some of them came from. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing where the rest of this series is headed...."




The Agent and the Model

The Novel Approach - 4/5 - "....I have enjoyed the Ellery Mountain series immensely. RJ Scott has a way with the writing of her series that manages to keep you well caught up and fully in touch with the former MCs of the series, and yet doesn’t take anything away from the current MCs. This is one thing that I simply love about Ms. Scott’s writing. In this book, not only did I get to see a much loved character find his happiness, but there was also a wedding and a baby!...."

Joyfully Jay - 4.5/5 - "....With various other characters dipping in and out of the story there was a real sense of time moving on in Ellery and of new beginnings for some of the older characters.  I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this latest addition to the Ellery Mountain family.  These stories are quick and easy, never heavy, and always fun.  The Agent And The Model is a lovely installment that fans of the series will not want to miss...."








The Incubus Agenda

Dark Diva Reviews - 4/5 - "....The cast of returning characters from the series include Joseph, Levi , Micah , and Reuben, as well as many others. The Incubus Agenda (Supernatural Bounty Hunters 5) is a wonderful book to spend the afternoon reading...."









The Teacher and the Soldier

Sensual Reads - 4.5/5 - "....Pick up this delicious story, The Teacher and the Soldier by RJ Scott, and immerse yourself in an excellent tale of love and need. Your emotions and heart cannot help but be touched by both Luke and Daniel...."








No comments