Cost of Repairs (Cost of Repairs #1) - A.M. Arthur

"Fixing the home can heal the heart-if you can find all the pieces. "
Police officer Samuel Briggs is getting to know the people on his new, third-shift beat, but he'd prefer they not know too much about him-or the painful past that drove him away from New Mexico to start fresh in small-town Stratton, PA.

All he wants is peace, a manageable routine, and time to fix up his project home. There's no room in his broken heart for a new relationship. It's crowded with too many memories. But there's something about the Dixie's Cup short-order cook, who's flirty one minute, distracted the next, that piques Sam's interest.

Part-time cook, part-time hardware salesman and full-time handyman Rey King lives to work-but not because he loves it. Relationships? No time. Until one glance at Sam's haunted eyes sends a plumb line straight to his wary heart.

One afternoon of impulsive, no-strings sex begins to grow into a cautious friendship. But when Rey is seriously injured protecting a friend, the cracks in their already shaky foundation begin to show. Falling in love wasn't in either man's recovery plan...and this time, the risk could be too great.

Warning: Contains one emotionally wrecked cop, one angsty short-order cook, a few too many secrets, some meddling small-town folk, and plenty of hot man-on-man action.

Buy Links


Review


When I went to buy this book I realised I had actually bought it on 9 June 2012 - a very long time ago!!! Somehow I had read it, and I even reviewed it on Goodreads, but I didn't remember it... I said:

Slow burning and satisfying... I wanted more at the end... and that is a good thing...

And I gave it 4/5... hmmm... I would say on a re-read it's more like a 5/5. I didn't recall the story - I think reading it was caught up in the Silver fiasco, and it got lost in my huge TBR again pile... for that moment when my life wasn't shit - ROFL... 

Then, I saw a new book in the series released a while back, and I went to buy book 1. Only for the ever helpful Amazon to tell me I already had it. I could almost hear Amazon shaking their heads in disappointment at me... ROFL. That is when I saw actually I had already read it. *FML*

Rey and Sam are wonderful and the best review I can give is that I immediately went and bought book 2 :) oh, and my original review still stands, just upped to a 5/5!

I'm so pleased I found it, then I can go back and read the rest of the series

No comments