I am the real me, honest

I posted something on my Facebook, but I wanted to put it over here as well... As Sue Brown pointed out, the worst thing about these issues in our genre is the need for everyone else to prove they are who they say they are.


So this is what I posted on FB:

What worries me the most about this Laura Harner thing... apart from the complete shock I am in, is things like this comment - "... [Laura Harner i] so prolific, in fact, that her GoodReads author page lists seventy-five releases since 2010...."

*coughs* Goes to check my goodreads...

Uh Oh...

134 distinct works since 2010... of COURSE a lot of those will be translations, uhm... i don't know, do re-releases count? And some are shorter stories... others 87,000 words...

But still... just in case you are worried... I can and do write 5,000 words a day, and when Silver imploded I was writing 10,000 a day just to get myself back on track...

So yeah, what you read is ALL MINE...honestly... and I have all edits and plans to prove it...

But I do have an idea for a new series that I want to run by you... Flyborne and Wiffin, kind of a paranormal steampunk historical magic, type series... What do you all think? Anyone?

Hugs, RJ X

3 comments