Review YA - Light Outside the Closet, Stephanie Hecht

Being a gay teen is hard enough, but when Christian's strict father is transferred to a different city and Christian has to go to a new school, he discovers how much worse things can get. Fortunately, before he sinks into depression, Christian finds a new group of friends, who are also gay. Christian soon learns that his friends have their own problems, from desperately seeking attention to abusive family members.

This is the first book in an exciting new series that follows the high and lows of Christian and his friends through their senior year as they seek acceptance and love while dealing with hostility and homophobia. Will all of them survive to see graduation... or will they lose somebody along the way?

Buy Link

I have been looking forward to this book for an awful long time and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. Stephanie Hecht is my guilty pleasure, I adore her EMS guys and her hockey guys and I wondered how her writing would translate into something like a young adult story.

Christian is wonderfully drawn. James makes me scared for him. Taylor... oh Taylor... and Devlin *hugs him hard*.

A perfect YA book and I am so excited there will be more in this series...

No comments