Now You See Me - Film Review 4/5

Now You See Me

IMDB

An FBI agent and an Interpol detective track a team of illusionists who pull off bank heists during their performances and reward their audiences with the money.
My thoughts...

Loved Jesse Eisenberg, spent the first half an hour trying to recall where I had seen him before then recalled he played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network. Also Dave Franco (Little brother of James), but I didn’t recognise him, and Isla Fisher was stunning and sexy.

I’m not a great fan of Woody Harrelson. Loved him in Indecent Proposal but after that it seems he plays the same quirky character in everything.

Morgan Freeman seemed a little odd… I didn’t quite get his characters, but I loved Michael Caine.

Twist in the story – didn’t see it coming. Not often I get caught, so very nicely done!

The story wasn’t quite paranormal to convince me there was a paranormal element to it at all, so I found the direction of the movie a little confusing. BUT all in all, 95% of the film was bloody awesome. Just that 5% off for a strange lack of direction or motivation towards why they all did what they did.

I think the film wanted to be a revenge movie, a twist movie, a hyper-loud action movie, but couldn’t quite settle on any one thing…

Still 4/5 and recommended as chewing gum for the eyes…


No comments