Hi!! It’s MJ O’Shea here…
I always take stock when new book is coming out, or I’m finishing a current one, think about things I’ve learned (and things I still need to learn — there are plenty of those). Figured I’d share a couple!
1. Don’t read reviews — such hard advice to take. Took me a while to get it, but really, just don’t. The only exception I personally make is if someone links me to their review on Facebook or twitter. Then I like to respond. Other than that it’s just… not a good idea. For me at least.
2. Find a space that works for you!
3. But don’t be afraid to change it up if you need new surroundings — new wall colors or plants, switch around your stuff (extra butterflies can’t hurt lol).
4. Have something to do when your brain is toast. I really like to dance, draw, and walk. And glue paper onto empty candle jars to make prettier jars… really. it’s nice for when I’ve thought too much haha.
5. And the most obvious one… getting to know the readers and other authors really is the best part <3
You’ll find the blurb for my newest, Family Jewels, below along with lots of links if you’d like to find me:)
Thanks to RJ for having me stop by!
Blurb: Corbin Ford, aka the Nightwatchman, named for the antique pocket watches he leaves behind at jobs, has been in the cat-burgling business for years. His father was. His grandfather was. His mother is still one of the most renowned thieves. Corbin likes his high-profile heists, priceless paintings from private collections, artifacts from museums, but his favorite? Jewels. Sparkly, beautiful jewels. If they’re famous, better yet.
Interpol agent Luke Eldridge has one goal and one goal only: to catch the Nightwatchman. Luke’s been after him for months, but getting the slip time and again is getting embarrassing. Luke has never even laid eyes on the bastard, but he’d happily strangle him. And then arrest him.
When Luke meets Corbin, the man of his dreams, he falls hard and fast… only to catch Corbin red-handed with his hand in a jewelry case at the scene of the highest-profile murder that’s rocked the international world in years.
Luke would be back in his sweats and on his couch in less than an hour.
Luke wasn’t going to sacrifice one more decent dinner to the cause.
I’m Mj O’Shea:) I grew up, and still live, in sunny Washington state and while I love to visit other places, I can’t imagine calling anywhere else home.
I spent my childhood writing stories. Sometime in my early teens, the stories turned to romance. Most of those were about me, my friends, and our favorite movie and pop stars. Hopefully, I’ve come a long way since then.
When I’m not writing, I love to play the piano, dance, cook, paint pictures, and of course read! I like sparkly girly girl things, own at least twenty different colored headbands, and I have two little dogs who sit with me when I write. Sometimes they comes up with ideas for me too…when they’re not busy napping.
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/M.J.-OShea/e/B003XERT7M/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1427433101&sr=8-2-ent
5 Runners Up get an e-copy each from the author’s backlist. Enter the Rafflecopter NOW.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
May 15: The Purple Rose Tea House || Cia’s Stories