Ask RJ: Have I always wanted to be a writer?

Kendra Patterson asked: Have you always wanted to be a writer or did you choose it because you do it well? 

First of, aww, thanks Kendra, what a nice thing to say.

Secondly, the answer to this is two parts I suppose.

I have loved writing stories since I was old enough to write, and before that I was the best *liar* in school. My tall tales were very extravagant. LOL.

I wrote a lot long hand, but it was only when computers were widespread that I started to consign stories to files, and then discovering fan fiction and actually having people read my stories meant I was hooked.

When I write it's like a natural high, a buzz to get the words down on paper. Of course, the more positive responses I got, the more I wanted to write. I'm a full time writer now, and I love every minute of it!




No comments