Ask RJ: Writing as Rozenn Scott


BJW asked: Okay... RJ, what was your motivation for your venture into the world of MF ? Any further plans to continue after book 2?

Hi BJ, thank you for the question.

Up until I found Supernatural and the world of MM I had always read and written MF romance (heterosexual, whatever you want to label it as!). I didn't even know that such a thing as MM existed.

Then 90 books later I thought I'd maybe give an MF a try. There are a few reasons why.

  1. Can I actually write in another, completely different, sub genre of romance?
  2. Female characters in my MM writing always have a purpose. I like to think the females in my books are written strongly. They are confident women who know their sons/brothers. So, I thought, lets give it a go!
  3. Opening into the MF market means more exposure for my MM writing as well (if I manage to sell any of my MF book... LOL..
So, off I went, and over Christmas and into January I wrote a 60,000 word romance. Think Ellery Mountain / Montana type stories with strong women, close family, suspense, drama.... add in the fact the hero of book one is a member of a boy band and you have my first ever MF.

Book 1 is called Notes and Roses - Cody and Megan's story. Book 2 is Coffee and Hope - Danny and Rachel's story.

I plan on four books in the series as it stands. There will also be books for Sheriff Justin, and for Kyle.

I also have plans for a book 5, Garrett's story, which will be an MM. It might end up being book 3, or something, we'll have to see how that pans out.

I am RJ Scott, writing as Rozenn Scott, and I have loved it so far, but don't worry, my first love is MM :) 

Hugs, RJ XXXX

Notes and Roses (Stanford Creek, book 1)


With his stalker behind bars, former boy band singer CJ Taylor is starting a new life. He’s bought a house in a small Vermont town, and taken back the name he was born with. Two years have passed since he was last in the public eye and as Cody Brennan, he’s finally feeling safe. Desperate to find some peace, all he wants is to connect to the music in his head, write new lyrics and forget the tragedy in his past.

What he doesn’t count on is meeting Megan. From her amber eyes to her tempting smile, she is everything he thought he could do without, the very thing he promised himself to avoid. But he’s thrown into her family and her life, and suddenly he’s found a place he wants to stay.

Megan Campbell is horrified when a stranger, covered in blood, collapses in her shop. When that same stranger, wild and angry, abruptly becomes someone very different, it’s not her safety she is worrying about, it’s her heart.

Megan’s first instinct is to tame the powerful attraction she has to this stranger, but very soon desire becomes something more. Between them can they find the words to make things right? And can they stay safe long enough to fall in love?

Read more at my Rozenn Scott Website

Notes and Roses is also available for pre-order. You can find it here: Amazon (UK) | Amazon (US)

No comments