Nano is madness


Every year I join in with Nano. For those that don't know, Nano is short for NaNoWriMo which is National November Writing Month. The target is to produce a solid 50,000 word novel in a month, which works out around 1300 words a day (ish).

Something about me? I write 50,000 words in a normal month, sometimes more. I don't fret or panic and feel like I'm going to mess it all up. There is no pressure on me to write 50,000 words in a month. The pressure comes from internally deciding when I want to get books out.

So, again, this year I signed up for the Nano commitment. Abruptly I went from smiling I-Can-Do-This RJ to OMFG WHAT AM I DOING Rj.

What if I don't reach 50,000
What if I can't write.
Maybe I should retire now and become a nun (a nun who drinks wine obvs)

I did it, I managed my 50k in November on a combination of finishing Love Happens Anyway and starting Winter Cowboy which is the first in a new series on a ranch set in the fictional town of Whisper Ridge, Wyoming. I also did some Railers' hockey, oh, and a short story that is a freebie and is coming out 20th December.

So I did it. But the pressure!

Did you do Nano? What did you write? Did you *win*?




No comments