"You've failed, your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."


These words are the culmination of Star Wars IV, V and VI in the final battle between Vader and Luke.

It is the most passionate stirring scene in any film I have ever seen. It is the absolute certainty in Luke that he would rather die than turn to the dark side that makes the simple words he says so meaningful.

If they had made Jedi in 2012 it would have a complicated fight scene with stunts and flips and tons of explosions... but the almost simple (and I know I have used that word twice now!) way that the fight happens is redolent of sword fights in old black and white movies. It is intense. Added to which is the perfect William's music building to a crescendo.

What is your favourite scene in any film and why??

No comments