Role/Play 4/5


A recently outed soap opera actor crosses paths with a recently divorced gay marriage activist, forcing them to confront the price of fame and the fickle nature of celebrity within the gay community.

* * * * *

This film left me with a very happy smile on my face and that is the best type of way to leave film in my opinion (I do like my Happy Ever Afters (TM)).

I am no great expert in gay films but I know what I like and I liked this one hell of a lot.

Once past the first ten minutes of info dump type discussion about who or what is who the film unfolds in the best MM romance traditions.

Lust. Angst. Sex. Misunderstandings. Facing Truths. Handling Lies. Love. All wrapped up with an incredibly convincing couple of guy, who I have been told are partners in real life.

I loved that the whole thing didn't venture outside the hotel apartments in Palm Springs *What happens in Palm Springs, stays in Palm Springs*. There was no fighting face to face bigotry but there was plenty of moments when the outside world intruded and the characters were forced to deal with the what if's and maybe's of being seen together. I kind of knew what the secrets were but I guess that is the writer in me (I hate myself at the movies sometimes!)

My best sum up of this film - I wish I had written this story.

No comments