Heat Reviews

The Book

Serving up passion, family, love and hate, with a side order of arson.

Lewis has lost nearly everything, and now it seems that Devon is here to take the last thing he has left - working in his beloved restaurant, Laurels. But when an arsonist threatens everything Lewis loves, he realizes sometimes everyone has their ghosts, and he discovers an unexpected ally who is prepared to risk everything for him.


* * * * *

Set in the small cathedral city of Salisbury, Master Chef Lewis Mandineau no longer owns the Laurels, the restaurant that had been in his family for generations. Betrayed and robbed by an ex-lover, he's had to sell to Carnegie Enterprises, an American corporation. That isn't all Lewis has to contend with. Rachel, his beloved younger sister has been left severely hurt by the car crash that killed their parents, and taking care of her has to be his priority.

Enter Devon Trelawney III, sent to assess the viability of the restaurant and its staff. Devon knows all about family tradition. But he also knows sentiment has no place in business matters, and the Laurels' potential is swamped by the debts it has accrued. Devon is a hardheaded businessman, first and foremost, but Lewis and Rachel test his resolve in different ways. Soon Devon is forced to admit that what seems like an impossible love can sometimes become something very real.


Buy Links

Amazon (US)  |  Amazon (UK)  |   Smashwords  |  B&N  |  iTunes


Bayou Book Junkie 4.5 This was definitely a must-read book, a riveting blend of romance, friendship, and suspense.

It was a flawless collaboration by Chris Quinton and RJ Scott, really well-written, fast-paced and that kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last page.


Making It Happen 4.5  It does have a good, strong storyline and some mystery to expand the reader's intrigue...but the characters are really the ones who make this story what it is.

Heat was a 4.5-star read for me, and I would recommend this to M/M romance fans 18+ as a good way to escape for a few hours of entertaining reading.


Southern Babes Book Blog 4/5 This story was a sweet, heartbreaking, emotional one. 

Its about second chances, moving on with your life, and having the love and friendship you deserve. I really wish there was more to this story and i hope we get more!!


makes you stop and look again at your own life 5/5 This is a book that I think anyone can relate to. I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

I have not read a lot of M/M genre books but the few I have this ranks right up there. This book shows us more than gender it shows is the struggles one goes through to find a light in the mist of a very dark tunnel. These men each go through everyday struggles both in life and in a budding relationship.


Alpha Book Club 4/5

Heat is a predictable read until you get to the last ⅓ of the book, then the reader is taken on a wild, intriguing, heartwrenchingly out of the blue ride that will leave you breathless!


The Geekery Book Review 4-4.5/5  This was one of those books I just couldn’t put down once I started reading.

I loved Lewis and Devon and their journey together! I really want to just start over from the beginning and get lost in their story again and again.


The Blogger Girls 4/5  This was a great story and a fine beginning to the Salisbury Tales series.

It was going to take a complete miracle for these authors to redeem this guy because he was just awful. Lewis and Devon…two of the most unlikely love bugs ever.


Prism Book Alliance 4/5 There were a lot of wonderful little details about this book that I had forgotten.
More than anything I enjoyed it because it is easy to read, very entertaining and filled with lots of love.


Dog-Eared Daydreams 4/5  We've got a nicely developed, semi-slow burn romance.

I'm glad that it took as long as it did for these two to trust one another and to forge some sort of friendship.


Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words 4.5/5  Heat by Chris Quinton and RJ Scott grabbed at my heartstrings right from the beginning of their story and never let go. 

Begin your introduction to these captivating characters, their restaurant, and a romance to cheer for.


Rainbow Book Reviews  RJ Scott and Chris Quinton certainly managed to serve up a deliciously intense, action-packed, and suspenseful novel.

If you like enemies-to-lovers stories in a modern-day setting, if you want to see how two men who are on opposite sides of a restaurant-rescue operation begin to see eye-to-eye, and if you’re looking for a read full of passion, dedication, stubbornness, and suspense, then you will probably like this novel as much as I do.


The Way She Reads  In short, this was a good and thoroughly enjoyable read.

I read most of this book with a smile on my face, except for the times when I held my breath because of the sudden suspense.


Wicked Reads 4/5 & 5/5  Heat is a nice, cosy m/m romance and I really enjoyed reading it.

While at the same time, I was shaking my head and thinking “I can’t believe I didn’t see THAT coming.”

No comments