Cost of Repairs (Cost of Repairs #1) - A.M Arthur


Buy Links: Amazon US | Amazon UK


The Book


Samuel Briggs moved to small-town Stratton, Pennsylvania, to escape his tragic past and try to start over. When he's not out walking his beat as a police officer, all he wants is peace, a manageable routine, and time to fix up his newly-purchased project home. And Samuel absolutely does not have room in his new routines for a relationship. Except a chance encounter with a handsome diner cook unexpectedly shakes his resolve.

Rey King lives for his work as a short-order cook, part-time hardware salesman, and full-time handyman. He’s in debt up to his eyeballs, so he isn’t looking for complications. And the gorgeous blond cop who comes to Rey’s rescue is a complication he definitely doesn’t need. Lucky for him, Samuel feels the same way.

But what starts as an afternoon of no-strings sex inevitably complicates itself, as the two men learn how deeply each other’s emotional damage goes. When Rey is seriously injured protecting a friend, their already shaky foundation cracks a little more. Samuel barely pulled his life back together after his first lover's death and falling in love again isn't part of his recovery plan. He knows renovations are always a gamble, but this one isn't about risking money—it's about Samuel risking his heart.

NOTE: This book was previously published under the same title. This new edition has been lightly edited to address minor continuity problems, but the overall story is the same.

Review

When I went to buy this book I realised I had actually bought it on 9 June 2012 - a very long time ago!!! Somehow I had read it, and I even reviewed it on Goodreads, but I didn't remember it... I said:

Slow burning and satisfying... I wanted more at the end... and that is a good thing...

And I gave it 4/5... hmmm... I would say on a re-read it's more like a 5/5. I didn't recall the story - I think reading it was caught up in the Silver fiasco, and it got lost in my huge TBR again pile... for that moment when my life wasn't shit - ROFL...

Then, I saw a new book in the series released a while back, and I went to buy book 1. Only for the ever helpful Amazon to tell me I already had it. I could almost hear Amazon shaking their heads in disappointment at me... ROFL. That is when I saw actually I had already read it. *FML*

Rey and Sam are wonderful and the best review I can give is that I immediately went and bought book 2 :) oh, and my original review still stands, just upped to a 5/5!

I'm so pleased I found it, then I can go back and read the rest of the series

Review originally posted in 2013.



No comments