What is different about my Young Adult writing to my Adult writing?

I have been asked the following question by at least ten people this week:

What is different about your Young Adult writing to your Adult writing?

My short answer - sex.

My young adult writing, to date, has dealt with young men in the senior year of school who are just starting the journey to new lives. The stories are still RJ Scott books. They have the RJ Scott angst, decisions, situations and the promise of Happy Ever After. Their stories are not gun toting adult stories but stories of family and overcoming obstacles (think Christmas Throwaway / Back Home, that kind of thing!).

They just don't go straight to the penetrative sex. My young guys are GUYS, they don't shake hands and say goodnight - they kiss and rub and generally get off in the most imaginative ways... but none of them are ready yet to go further.

I hope this explains...

Other News

Love Lane Books - the YA side of RJ Scott now has a new Facebook fanpage... I intend to use that to post news, ideas and inspirational photos for my Young Adult Writing. It can be found HERE. Don't forget I also have a blogger site for Love Lane as well and this is HERE.

The Decisions We Make continues to do well. It broke the top ten in Amazon Gay Kindle and in Genre romance and is in the top twenty on All Romance in the gay category. It remains at number one on All Romance in the Young Adult section... I have a happy! That has GOT to be good news for young adult writing...! Thanks to all of you who bought it... x

I have a start on Love Is In The Message (it's a small start but a start nonetheless!!).

The reviews for Decisions on Goodreads have been amazing and I am totally blown away by it. I am just hoping some reviewers will pick it up and comment... watch this space!

Some of the things people have been saying about Decisions:

"...I loved how close Jamie and Daniel were from the moment they met, so it seemed only fitting that their first love was found with each other..."

"These boys were so sweet. Their "first kiss" scene was so hot, I would call it award-worthy!"

"...Jamie and Daniel were so perfect for each other, each others other half. Make sure you have Kleenex, I cried but I also laughed too..."

"...This is a story that challenges labels—whether it’s jock or piano prodigy or being physically branded with a single word that hatred uses to discriminate—and encourages overcoming those barriers to be true to oneself.."

You can buy Decisions at Amazon or All Romance

No comments