Christmas Recommendations - Guest post from Kris Jacen

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Feliz Navidad, Happy Kwanza, Good Yule!

Whatever holiday you celebrate this time of year, I wish you the happiest, healthiest, safest for this year and years to come. RJ asked for some recommendations on readers/authors/editors (yeah, I slipped that one in) favorite holiday reads. Here’s a few of mine.

Hugs, Kris
The Naughty List by Kiernan Kelly 

(https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7428824-the-naughty-list?from_search=true)

Kris Kringle as a homicide detective and a serial killer leaving Christmas song clues? This one has been around for a long time, and I don’t know if you can still get a copy (maybe Kiernan will see this is re-issue it?), but I read this every holiday. It’s just such a twist on the “typical” holiday story (and no, I’m not telling who the killer is).

Cattle Valley Mistletoe by Carol Lynne 

(https://www.totallybound.com/cattle-valley-mistletoe)

I love the themes that run through this story that’s set around the holidays but more touches on personal relationships between people and what they believe.

Heaven Sent 5: Genesis by Jet Mykles 

(https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-heavensent5genesis-12236-149.html)

Ah, Jet’s boys and New Year’s Eve. Yeah…it’s no secret that I love her rockers and to get them all in one book with their partners? Happy New Year, indeed.

Christmasing With You by William Neale 

(http://www.mlrbooks.com/ShowBook.php?book=WN_CHRWY)

This one is bittersweet for me. I remember when I put out the holiday story call really late in the year (think I put it out in August for December releases?) and thought I’d get a handful of stories for that year (yeah, I wasn’t thinking ahead). Boy was I surprised. This was the first of 42 stories that I edited that holiday season and oh, did it make me cry.

It’s about finding love again after losing the love of your life. Some know, some don’t but William passed away unexpectedly a few months after this story released and I’m still holding out hope and sending thoughts/prayers/vibes that someday his partner will find his “Cam”.


No comments