Twelve Days of Christmas, Day 10 - Christmas TV

Christmas TV

Back in the old days, when we only had three channels (BBC1, BBC2 and ITV) we would have a choice of what to watch Christmas Day. Usualy there was a Bond film, and on the other side would be Wizard of Oz, or some such kind of film. Of course this was always after The Queen's Speech which was always watched by my parents and grandparents.

But the good stuff was after tea (meal at around 7ish)... The Morecombe and Wise Christmas special. OMG, how that made me laugh, classic slapstick comedy that never failed to reduce me to tears of laughter. And then, later, The Two Ronnies. I am sure a lot of the jokes were over my head, but I can say I was there the year Angela Rippon danced (and only if you are a Brit will you get that!).

Of course News at Ten meant supper, and then bed, and Christmas Day was over. :(

Do you remember TV shows from your childhood at Christmas?



And don't forget...

... to check out the author visiting my blog today for more competition prizes! And enter the big 'twelve days' competition below... twelve separate competition, twelve prizes... all entries to this and the other eleven competitions will be entered into a *hat* and three winners will win gift cards... the more you enter the more chance there is to win!

Closing date 24 December, 10am GMT (London)

3 comments

  1. Playing an A-Z tag game with Lillian Frances on fb when I discovered this amazing forum site of the Queen's message in pictures.
    http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php?topic=11706.15

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Morecambe and Wise Show was Christmas - a ritual that everything revolved around!
    I too remember Angela Rippon - also Andre Previn for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always watched Morecambe and Wise and I still think the Shirley Bassey was the best one!

    ReplyDelete