Lori Toland - The Long Con


The FIVE interview welcomes my good friend Lori Toland

HI! J I’m promoting my latest book out from Loose Id called “The Long Con” and here is the blurb:

British Agent Nathaniel Bradley is tasked with bringing home a stolen heirloom. After tracking the Faberge egg all the way to a group of criminals in New York, Bradley infiltrates a ring of con artists and gets sucked into the role of a high priced prostitute.

While hoping for a chance to take back what is rightfully his, Bradley's sole mission becomes to seduce Tony Terranova, Jr, the heir to a notorious mafia dynasty. Though Tony is strikingly handsome, the usually dominant Bradley is hesitant to submit to the sexual whims of a dangerous Mafioso.

What Bradley doesn't expect is for Tony to fall to his knees so eagerly for him, leaving him blindsided by how intensely their dark tastes complement each other. Now Bradley is caught up in a deadly game of lies and desire, where what he truly wants may not be what duty requires.

Here is where you can buy:

Direct from Loose Id:


Or choose from the e-tailer of your choice (links will go live as they go up at each website):


And now for the FIVE INTERVIEW:


Your five favourite…

  1. Authors and how they inspired you…

Mary Calmes – Wow. She is like at the top of my list of fave writers (Sorry RJ, I read her first) I love her action and hot tops.

LJ Smith – Author of The Vampire Diaries. The books are awesome and I adore her darker heroes.

RJ Scott – Oh wow. Love the whole soap opera flair to her writing. I can hear the opening theme to Dallas in the background. And her characters and writing style is amazing.

Kele Moon – She’s my CP and we race to have our books done. We’re both competitive people so the challenge is always fun.

Jade Falconer ­– I’ve loved her writing since fandom and I stumbled on her again in the pub world. One of my faves.


  1. Books in general

Change of Heart and Trusted Bond by Mary Calmes – These two go together as they are first and sequel. These books drove me to be a better writer. I wrote Trust In Me because of these books. I constantly re-read them.

Packing Heat by Kele Moon – It’s a Cop and Firefighter doing each other J enough said.

Moments by RJ Scott – This book has stayed with me from the moment I picked it up. I just adore her broken heroes and the way they overcome their pasts to be the men they fall in love as.

Man of My Dreams by Johanna Lindsey – RJ is not gonna let me back for putting a het book here. The tension in this book is so amazing, my jaw drops open. The humor makes me crack up. Constant re-read for me.

The Vampire Diaries Series by LJ Smith – Choosing one book from this series is crazy so I’m including the whole series. I love every word of the first four books. Love it like whoa. And Damon is one seriously hot hero.



  1. Books in your genre

Moments by RJ Scott
Change of Heart by Mary Calmes
Deviations series by Chris Owen and Jodi Payne
For Love Of War by Kiernan Kelly
Cabin Fever Over The Holidays by Jay Starre


  1. Movies

Mulan
The Princess Diaries 1 & 2
50 First Dates
Shakespeare in Love
Cruel Intentions


  1. TV Shows

Kim Possible
Hustle
Ouran High School Host Club
House
Psych

  1. Places

San Francisco, CA
Dallas, TX
Liverpool, UK
New York City, NY
Home, Orlando, FL


  1. Men

Oh I have to put some fictional ones in here.

Damon Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries.
Jin from Change of Heart
Kyoya Ootori from Ouran HS Host Club
Matthew MacFayden
My Hubby J



  1. Woman

Anne Hathaway
Drew Barrymore
Princess Ashe from Final Fantasy XII
Haruhi from Ouran HS Host Club
My mom J



  1. 'Somethings' from a subject of your choosing…

Anime!

Ouran High School Host Club
Black Butler (what a lovely dark show that was)
Junjou Romantica
Persona 4 anime (so excited about that!)
The Wallflower


Also here are three words chosen at random… for extra Brownie points write a 300 word flash fic containing these three words:

Sand, light and jump


Okay, here we go…

I loved the feeling of warmth on my back. It reminded me of the days I spent at my dad’s place on the beach in Boca, with the sand between my toes.

“Tony.”

I groaned because the last thing I wanted to do was wake up right now. I was dreaming of the beach, and the rain outside my window was really the ocean pounding against the shore.

“Come on, lazy bones. It’s time to jump out of bed.”

Bradley’s admonishment wasn’t what pulled me from the last shroud of sleep. It was when he threw open the curtains to let the light in. Well, that small amount of light coming through the rain clouds.

“Are you kidding me?” I said with a groan. “You should come back to bed.” I buried my face in my pillow, clinging to the last bits of sleep I could.

I heard his steps as he walked around to my side of the bed. My body tensed reflexively because I was certain he was about to pull the covers off me, just like my dad used to if I refused to get out of bed.

After a minute when nothing happened, I looked up from my pillow to find my lover crouched next to me, his green eyes narrowed. “Do you really want me to come back to bed?”

“Yeah,” I whispered.

“You really wanted to go to the shop to pick-up food for dinner. You were rather insistent about that.”

I rubbed my face, regretting the words before they even left my lips. “We can order take-out.”

His gorgeous lips spread into a broad grin. “Okay!” He climbed over me and back under the covers. He quickly stripped his clothes and threw them to the floor, only leaving his boxers on.

His hands were cool as he snuggled into me, nuzzling my shoulder with his lips. These were my favourite times, the time we spent in each other’s arms. It reminded me of why I moved to England.

Aww! I love these guys! J



****

Excerpt from new book, The Long Con

“Terranova’s behind you. He’s wearing a gray tux,” Brent said in my earpiece.

I walked through the crowd and traded my glass of champagne just as I saw my target. He knew how to dress to stand out, and it wasn’t just the color of his jacket.
His thick build was obvious and accentuated by the cut of his jacket. His muscles rippled beneath the expensive material as he lifted a glass of champagne to his mouth. I swallowed my sigh.

He glanced my way, and I froze. Amanda had described him and shown me a few grainy reconnaissance photos, but nothing prepared me for facing him head-on. His dark hair and tanned skin contrasted with his pale blue eyes, and I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.

I held his gaze for a minute and then turned away, but his curious expression made my heart pound. I walked toward another display near the one he stood by, a portrait by a famous Russian artist. Terranova noticed me, but he wasn’t being obvious with his interest.

It was this perfect moment where everything seemed to be falling into place, and for one second I worried this was a setup. Always being on my guard kept me alive, especially during drug busts and dangerous missions. I brushed aside the fears and pushed on.

I looked over at him and shot him an enigmatic smile, one that begged him to come and find out what I was thinking. When I saw him walking in my direction, I mentally patted myself on the back and sipped my champagne as he got closer to me. His gaze never left mine.

I could see why this man intimidated people. His eye contact alone would make almost anyone nervous, but not me. He had an aura about him, as if he were a caged animal kept hungry and was just waiting to pounce. Confidence poured from every ounce of his being. I didn’t look away as he came up to me. I couldn’t; he had seduced me.

* * * * *

Thank you very much to RJ for having me by! J

No comments