Sequels and Prequels

I have been asked on more than one occasion for a sequel or even a prequel to an existing book.

This last week I have been on holiday and away from a computer *twitch*. This has given me a lot of time to think.

I have recently read Clare London's True Colours (http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/378068412) which I enjoyed and which has three sequels for the main guys.

Each sequel is very short, and the two I have read were hot sex scenes wrapped with expansion to the universe created in True Colours. They were very well done.

I want to revisit characters from Back Home, One Night, Moments, The Soldier's Tale and maybe (and this is a MAYBE!) Throwaway.

BUT, none of these books call for a 40,000 - 60,000 sequel. So, again I am revisiting the idea that I should write some more in each 'verse.

I am thinking there are two ways of doing this...

I could write an anthology with a selection of stories, maybe each revisit could be 12 - 15,000, but what if someone who enjoyed One Night hated Back Home, or what if the only RJ Scott book they have read is Throwaway (more than likely!) and they don't want to pay a bigger price for just a small catch up to Ben and Zachary.

The other way I guess to do this would be to do what Clare London did and publish a shorter *coffee break* type book that revisits each book as I see fit?

What do you think?

No comments