The Soldiers Tale 4.5/5 and 4/5

The Paranormal Romance Guild's review for The Soldier's Tale is all kinds of awesome...

Rated 4.5/5 and 4/5 by two reviewers who then chat about the story...

"... I loved the story Chris Quinton described in the first book, bringing this book alive for me. I couldn’t imagine how that could be a smooth transition, but R.J. Scott, you worked a miracle. I loved it, I loved Daniel and Sean, I love how they meshed so slowly, learning friendship and trust and held the lust just ticking... The surprise at how this all fit worked well for me ..."
"... Ms. Scott manages to pack a lot into this short novella. There were times I wanted to cry, times I wanted to laugh and times I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen with the curse. There is a small amount of sex in the book, nothing graphic and very tastefully written. This is a nice afternoon read, a good romance mixed in with an ancient curse and family drama, what more could a reader ask for ..."

They had previously reviewed Chris Quinton's book in this trilogy, book 1, The Psychics Tale

Blurb
Corporal Daniel Francis has returned to his childhood home in England to heal; the only one of his unit that survived a roadside bomb. His reasons for skipping medication are based on a stubborn refusal to become an addict, and he is overwhelmed with survivor's guilt.

Doctor Sean Lester has joined his father's surgery and when he is held at knife point by a patient high on drugs it is Daniel that leaps to his rescue-much to his horror.

When Sean nearly runs Daniel down in the dark he finds a man who needs help, and resolves to be the person to show Daniel that it is possible to live through guilt and find happiness.

Set against the backdrop of the Fitzwarren family curse, The Soldiers Tale is a story of one man's fight to find his place in a new world outside of the Army.

No comments