The Teacher and the Soldier

Cover By Meredith Russell

The Book

How can Daniel convince the man he loves, to stay with him in Ellery?

Luke Fitzgerald left Ellery Mountain for college and vowed never to return, but with his father murdered, he has no choice but to return. Luke only goes home to sell off his share of the Ellery Mountain Cabins, but everything changes when he meets the son of the other owner.

Daniel Skylar is an ex-soldier who lives every day to the limit and sees a future in Luke. It doesn’t matter what Daniel says, or how much he needs Luke; Luke isn’t staying once everything is sold off. Surely Daniel can understand that?

"....This story is really well written and it does tug at your heartstrings for what Luke had to face alone and also the effect it is still having on him. Daniel and Luke are an excellent pairing and are very hot together. They have a strong connection that goes further than a physical attraction and they make a great couple...."

Ellery Mountain Series

Book 1 - The Fireman and the Cop
Book 2 - The Teacher and the Soldier
Book 3 - The Carpenter and the Actor
Book 4 - The Doctor and the Bad Boy
Book 5 - The Paramedic and the Writer
Book 6 - The Barman and the SEAL
Book 7 - The Agent and the Model

Buy Links - eBook

Amazon (US) | Amazon (UK) | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Smashwords | iBooks

Buy Links - Paperback

Volume 1 incorporating Books 1, 2 & 3 - Amazon US | Amazon UK

Reviews

MM Good Book Reviews - 4/5 - "....This story is really well written and it does tug at your heartstrings for what Luke had to face alone and also the effect it is still having on him. Daniel and Luke are an excellent pairing and are very hot together. They have a strong connection that goes further than a physical attraction and they make a great couple. The storyline is very good and I liked how Luke seemed to overcome his obstacles to accept the love he is offered and I liked how Daniel didn’t pressure Luke to recount his past. We see Max and Finn (from The Fireman and the Cop) again and Kieran and Liam and I can honestly say that I am looking forward to both their stories (The Carpenter and the Actor, and The Doctor and the Bad Boy) ... I will recommend this to those who love facing the past stories, fighting for love, hot sex, great characters, a good storyline and a happy ending...."


Hearts On Fire Reviews - 4/5 - "....The books in this series focus on the quaint little town of Ellery where life is fairly idyllic and the lives of the four gay friends that grew up there. The characters are wonderful and well developed, there is plenty of the much loved angst and a slow build up to love. The stories have HEA endings with just enough twist to hold my interest. The Ellery Mountain series is definitely a worthwhile read...."

Rainbow Book Reviews - "....I liked this story although I wanted to knock Daniel and Luke's heads together more than once for their stubbornness. Fortunately they redeemed themselves in the end. The characters are strong, even some of the secondary ones like Luke's ex and best friend. As outrageous as he was, he gave Luke the support and the shove that he needed to get his life going. I also loved Daniel's friends who are introduced in the first book in the series. It's definitely a good follow-up story and I look forward to reading more about them. I recommend this story to fans of the 'Ellery Mountain' series and for new readers as well; although it can be read alone, reading the books in sequential order will give you a fuller, more meaningful experience. Thanks, RJ, for revisiting the mountain and introducing us to more fascinating characters...."

The Romance Reviews - 4/5 - "....I'm a sucker for troubled romance heroes and this novella has two. Daniel is further along in his recovery than Luke but they're both wrestling demons and still taking responsibility for their issues. I like their honest conversations with each other, especially with Daniel's willingness to be so emotionally vulnerable to Luke. Their romance is intense both sexually and emotionally, and I really liked watching their courtship...."

Mrs Condit Reads Books - 4/5 - "....a simple love story that left me happy in the end. Luke deserved to find love and Daniel was the perfect one to give it...."

Sensual Reads - 4.5/5 - "....Pick up this delicious story, The Teacher and the Soldier by RJ Scott, and immerse yourself in an excellent tale of love and need. Your emotions and heart cannot help but be touched by both Luke and Daniel...."


19 comments

  1. Just read The Fireman and the Cop and came straight here to see if there was anything about the next book in the series. At least it's not too long to wait for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You liked it that much? That is so nice to hear... thank you and big hugs xxxxx and nope, not long now...

      Delete
  2. Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber, your comments mean an awful lot to me... HUGS XXXXXXX

      Delete
  3. Just finished Fireman and the Cop and now can't wait for Daniel and then Kieran's stories-bring on The Teacher and the Soldeier RJ-we can't wait! Loved it!
    KathyM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Kathy, for this and your private email also... HUGS XXXXX

      Delete
  4. Just finished the Fireman and the Cop and like prior posts mentioned I came hear to see how long I would have to wait until the next installment

    In the meantime I am working my way through Sanctuary (on book 3 now) so I should be able to finish that series easily before the March release of Teacher and the Soldier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you for this awesome post... not long for Ellery 2.... HUGS XXXXXXXXXXX

      Thank you so much for coming over to tell me.

      Delete
  5. I am busy counting down the days till Ellery 2 comes out!! Loved Ellery 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you did... Hugs you hard... (if you bought it from Amazon feel free to go and leave a rating... would love if you did...)

      XXXX

      Delete
  6. I look forward to book 2. I really enjoyed "The Fireman & the Cop".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kylia... it is in final edit and will be available soon... xxxxx

      Delete
  7. HOLY MOTHER OF HEAVEN! I feel so cheated I am seriously upset that these books are not on iTunes yet. Ms Scott, you are a very talanted writer and I can't wait for more books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww,,, thank you so much for letting me know... I will ask TEB when the books appear on iTunes...

      HUGS Rj xxxx

      Delete
  8. I have read the Fireman and the Cop twice already and can't wait for the next book. I look foward to seeing you in Atlanta.

    Teresa Emil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Teresa... me too, I can't wait... will be so cool to meet so many people...

      You'll be able to get book 2 on 25 March.... I hope you enjoy xxxx

      Delete
  9. I can hardly wait for book 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know... it's all finished and in editing at the moment... :)

      Delete
  10. I'm constantly stalking the E-Bound site; waiting for it to be available for pre-order!

    ReplyDelete