The Mating Of Michael, Eli Easton, Review 5/5 highly recommended.

The Book

Everyone admires Michael Lamont for being a nurse, but his part-time work as a gay sex surrogate not only raises eyebrows, it's cost him relationships.

Michael is small, beautiful, and dedicated to working with people who need him. But what he really wants is a love of his own. He spends most of his spare time reading science fiction, especially books written by his favorite author and long-time crush, the mysteriously reclusive J.C. Guise.

James Gallway’s life is slowly but inexorably sliding downhill. He wrote a best-selling science fiction novel at the tender age of eighteen, while bedridden with complications of polio. But by twenty-eight, he's lost his inspiration and his will to live.

His sales from his J.C. Guise books have been in decline for years. Wheelchair bound, James has isolated himself, convinced he is unlovable. When he is forced to do a book signing and meets Michael Lamont, he can’t believe a guy who looks like Michael could be interested in a man like him.

Michael and James are made for each other. But they must let go of stubbornness to see that life finds a way and love has no limitations.

Review 5/5 & highly recommended

I have read three books this year so far that have broken me... ripped out my heart and made me want to reach into the book and hug every character.

The first was Glory Lands by Vastine Bondurant, the second Hainted from Jordan L Hawk, and the third is the latest book from Eli Easton, the third book in her Seattle series, The Mating of Michael.

Book 1 Review  The Trouble With Tony
Book 2 Review The Enlightenment of Daniel

This Review

I read this in one go. I had to do a mum-taxi run half way through and I was gutted, and all I could think about was this book every second I was out. Michael is an angel, subtle, and beautifully drawn. James is so damaged inside, from abandonment and other issues. Michael has an extraordinary ability to see inside people and he is so gentle, and exactly right for James.

I adored the science fiction story woven into the story which made me well up on several occasions. Love the misunderstandings, and the resolution, and the secondary characters, and the final sentence. I just loved it all. It was a stunning and beautiful book.

I can not recommend this series, or in fact this author, enough.

Buy Links

Amazon (US) | Amazon (UK)


No comments