New Release: More Than Love by Amelia Bishop

Hi! I’m Amelia Bishop, and I’m so happy to be here today to promote my new story “More Than Love.” Thank you to RJ for hosting me!

At first intended to share a little character inspiration with you all, but when I started to put my images and ideas together I thought… maybe it would be better to just talk about how I collect my story and character references these days. You might be familiar with a website called Pinterest? Yep. Pinterest is my plotting buddy.

If you’re not familiar with it, what Pinterest allows users to do is “pin” links from all around the web. So it is essentially a visual bookmarking site, where no files are stored, just links to outside pages (or sometimes images uploaded by users) or links to other sites. This sounds simple, and it is, but it is also very useful.

I have “boards” for personal things (like “garden ideas” and “camping”) where I pin links to products I’d love to buy or places I want to visit. It’s great for saving recipes and craft instructions. But I also have a board for every book (the more recent ones anyway!) where I save all kinds of things related to the story, such as setting, characters, and reference materials. Here’s my board for More Than Love [ https://www.pinterest.com/ameliabishop507/more-than-love/ ] On this board I’ve got pictures of my character inspirations (Theo James & Tyler Lepley) as well as quotes, setting photos, and random things related to the story.

If you are an author, I highly recommend using Pinterest! You can even keep boards “secret” if you don’t want anyone else seeing your ideas just yet. Another cool feature is the ability to add “collaborators,” which allows your chosen Pinterest friends to pin to the board as well.

If you’re a reader, you might want to search for your favorite authors on Pinterest! Many of us are there, and love having reader followers. It’s a great way to keep up with an author, and maybe see more of the “world” behind their stories.

Thanks so much, RJ, for having me here. Happy reading (and pinning) everyone!

<3

Amelia

More Than Love by Amelia Bishop

Buylink: Amazon

Dan watched the people in his life settle down, get married, and have kids, while he cycled through a seemingly endless string of break-ups and disappointing relationship fails. So when Ian, the college boyfriend Dan never quite forgot, comes back to town and wants to get together, Dan jumps at a second chance with the one who got away. And despite his track record, he holds out hope that he and Ian might make it work this time.

While Ian is still just as sweet and sexy as he ever was back in college, he’s also harder, slicker, and more secretive than Dan remembers. As a cop, Dan’s suspicions are roused by Ian’s behavior. As a man, he wants nothing more than to ignore those worries and fall headfirst into their new relationship. If Ian is a criminal, turning him in will break Dan’s heart. But ignoring his crimes could ruin Dan’s career.

Sometimes, what destroys us are not the things we fear, but our fears themselves.



Amelia's Internet Links: 
More Than Love Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/ameliabishop507/more-than-love/
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amelia.bishop.507
My blog/website: www.amiebea.com

No comments