Mrs Condit Reads Books

The Case of the Wicked Wolf - 4.5/5

This book is a bit different from the first. That book, the point of view was mostly Sam’s. This time we’re getting multiple points of view. It took me a minute to figure out, but the story made perfect sense and I was grateful to get to understand Hartman better.

Under the Sun - 5/5 

"I love how the story just flowed along seamlessly, it’s written by two authors, RJ Scott and Meredith Russell, but you’d never know as it reads like only one author penned the words."

Bodyguard to a Sex God - 4.5/5

"There are plenty of plot twists to keep you guessing to the very end, including one I didn’t see coming. I don’t want to give anything away so I’ll leave it there and wrap up by saying that I can’t wait to see more in this series."

Spirit Bear - 5/5  

"...The characters of Aiden and Mitchell were perfectly drawn and complimented each other like ying and yang. Aiden so very sweet, clumsy, full of complex insecurities and hiding from who he really was, needed Mitchell, a man who was confident as a ranger and a teacher but was actually quite shy in his initial attraction for Aiden. I loved how the relationship built up, the way they took things one at a time, becoming friends as well as lovers, and that speech Mitchell gave to Aiden about why he wanted to kiss him, my favourite words of the book, just melted me..."

The Vampire Contract - 5/5 and a recommended read 

"...I loved the world RJ created; it reminded me of the fantasy books I read years ago, a world steeped in traditions, royalty and separatism.

I also have to say I love the idea that within a werewolf the wolf and human parts can think and act separately, evidenced by the fact that Connor’s wolf side recognised his mate long before Connor realises the truth of it. I also found the book quite humorous, I loved the snarkiness of the conversations between Micah and Connor peppered throughout the book, half the time I couldn’t stop laughing..."

New York Christmas 4.5/5

"...Go ahead and judge this book by its cover because NEW YORK CHRISTMAS is a great holiday story and that’s a beautiful cover. However, as usual, RJ Scott puts enough angst into the plot that it isn’t all feel-good Merry Christmas. Someone is accused of something he didn’t do. Someone else saves the day. Someone is shot and might die. Two someone's have a hard time overcoming past history and making a new start. Together. ... NEW YORK CHRISTMAS is a great story to get you into the spirit of the season, or just a nice story to read on a cold night. Enjoy. ..."


One thing I almost never do is read books in a series out of order. But somehow I jumped into R.J. Scott’s Sanctuary series on the second book The Only Easy Day. I continued on with the rest of the series knowing I was going to come back to Guarding Morgan at some point. Now I’m kicking myself I didn’t read it sooner because I think it was my favorite of the series.

Face Value 4/5

Face Value is quick and sexy story about covert operatives fighting crime and falling for love at the same time. I’m definitely looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

The Fitzwarren Inheritance Anthology by Chris Quinton, RJ Scott, and Sue Brown 4.5/5

This anthology is three related stories of a 400 year old curse and the effects still being felt today. The interesting thing about it is the three stories are written by three three very talented authors and the transition from one story to the next is so smooth it makes it seem as though it was written by one person. I recommend the anthology to readers who love history, mysteries, and love.

Still Waters 4/5

No comments